Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ginataang Tilapia with Pechay

I was never fond of tilapia. My taste bud was never raised to eat fresh water fish. Since, I grew up in the southern part of the archipelago surrounded by seas, I find tilapia strange.

In 1997, our family moved in Pampanga where tilapia is abundant. The fish is a typical Kapampangan household favorite. It is typically fried and served with buro (fermented rice) and some veggies.

I learned to love tilapia eventually. In fact, I think I can eat it everyday.

Today, I cooked ginataang tilapia with pechay (tilapia in coconut milk with pechay or Filipino bokchoy).  I think my ingredients lack ginger and I sort of overcooked it, but it taste good nevertheless.

ginataang tilapia




Ingredients:
  • Tilapia
  • coconut milk (1 cup thick milk and 2 cups for boiling)
  • magic sarap
  • pechay or bokchoy
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • chopped garlic
  • chopped onion


Procedure:
  • Arrange the tilapia in a saucepan.
  • Put the garlic, onion and magic sarap.
  • Pour the 2 cups of coconut milk.
  • Boil the tilapia in a slow fire as not to break the fish.
  • Add the pechay.
  • Add the thick coconut milk.
  • Let it simmer in few minutes. 
  • Add salt and pepper to taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for visiting Masarap! [Delicious!] I'd love to hear your thoughts.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...