Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chicken Sopas a'la Arroz Caldo

Living in solo brings a lot of advantages--you can sleep and run around the house naked, you can sing out loud, and laugh at yourself for being stupid. But, seriously, what's great about it is you can eat anything you want without thinking whether others would love it or not. Hmm, I think I just made it sound like it's a disadvantage.

Craving for something warm for this lonely and busy evening, I cooked chicken sopas  (chicken macaroni soup) the lazy way, using the available ingredients I could find in the fridge. It seems I cooked it the arroz caldo (chicken congee) style because I did not bother to debone and shred the chicken. But it is delicious, I swear!

Ingredients:

Chicken legs
Chopped carrots
Chopped cabbage
Sliced ginger
Elbow macaroni
Evaporated milk
Magic sarap
Hard boiled egg
Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:

  • Cook the chicken legs in a pot of boiling water with the ginger until tender.
  • Add the elbow macaroni to the pot. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
  • Add the Magic Sarap powder.
  • Mix the chopped vegetables and let it boil for 2 minutes.
  • Add the evaporated milk and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
  • Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  • Serve it hot and top it with sliced hard-boiled egg.

Viola!








3 comments:

  1. sa wakas you have a post na... bakit natagalan mare? miz you... for sure nakatikim ako nito kung neighbors pa tayo... hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sobrang busyness mare e. Finally nakapagsulat din, multi-tasking pa. Miss you. Hope we can meet and catch up soon.

      Delete
  2. oh yes and I hope you could meet some of my blogger friends...hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for visiting Masarap! [Delicious!] I'd love to hear your thoughts.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...